- Established in 2007 when it joined the Chemring Group. It was formerly part of both Orica and Dyno Nobel – with a tradition going back to 1865 and Alfred Nobel.
- 100% owned by the Chemring Group PLC
- A producer of energetic materials for both military and commercial niche markets
- Engene Production plant located in Sætre, Norway about an hour south of Oslo.
- Approximately 130 employees.
- Exports more than 95 percent of its products
- All products covered by Norwegian export controls (“A” material) and sold as bulk and raw materials (chemicals)
- Certifications: AQAP 2110 (ISO 9001)
- One of Norway´s oldest industrial areas, established in 1876
- The Chemring Nobel property covers approximately 90 acres
- Industrial complex in continuous production of explosives and energetic materials for more than 140 years.
- Production of HMX since 1968 and RDX since 1972
- Security zones cover an extended area
- More than 35 buildings – including explosive storage approval